Since 1999, we have been working with the Ontario Association of Radiologists (OAR) and setup a disability insurance program with the specific needs of Ontario Radiologists where over 700 Radiologists have participated and over $5M in claims have been paid out. As a resident/fellow you can now participate in the OAR insurance program. The highlights are below:
- Enroll for up to $4,500 per month of disability insurance (residents) or $8,500 per month (fellows)
- No medical underwriting
- 25-40% discount
- Options include:
- Own occupation definition of disability
- Cost of living adjustment
- Future income option up to $25,000/month
- HIV HEP B&C
- Conversion to long term care coverage
- $100,000 critical illness insurance as secondary protection
- One page enrollment form
- Free disability coverage:
- Residents – up to 8 months free coverage.
- Fellows – up to 8 months free coverage on the first $4500/month coverage.
- Medical Grads entering Radiology – up to 15 months free coverage
- This is available through the OAR insurance program until May 2020
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
- What if you already have RBC, OMA or other disability coverage, can you still enroll?
- Can any insurance broker enroll me in the OAR Insurance program?
NO. The OAR insurance plan with the 8 months free coverage is only available through Levine Financial Group.
- Why apply through the OAR Insurance program?
Prior to the OAR insurance program there was no discount on insurance for Radiologists, no non-medical offerings and no special offer for residents or fellows.
Tragic events happen.
As of 2020, there are over 760 Ontario Radiologists enrolled in the OAR insurance program and we have adjudicated over $4,500,000 in disability and critical illness claims.
The OAR insurance program has influence.
In 2017, there were 5 premature death claims. One claim involved a young Radiologist who cancelled his policy and died two weeks later. The claim was brought to the attention of the insurer by our office, and while not obligated to pay, the insurer paid the claim because the client had an OAR insurance policy.
If you have questions call us at 416-222-1311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org