Since 1999, we have been working with the Ontario Association of Radiologists (OAR) and setup a disability insurance program with the specific needs of Ontario Radiologists where over 700 Radiologists have participated and over $5M in claims have been paid out. As a resident/fellow you can now participate in the OAR insurance program. The highlights are below:
- Enroll for up to $4,500 per month of disability insurance (residents) or $8,500 per month (fellows)
- No medical underwriting
- 25-40% discount
- Options include:
- Own occupation definition of disability
- Cost of living adjustment
- Future income option up to $25,000/month
- HIV HEP B&C
- Conversion to long term care coverage
- $100,000 critical illness insurance as secondary protection
- One page enrollment form
- Free disability coverage:
- Radiology residents – up to 8 months free coverage.
- Radiology fellows – up to 8 months free coverage on the first $4500/month coverage.
- Medical Grads entering Radiology – up to 15 months free coverage
- This is only available through the OAR insurance program
Why apply through the OAR insurance program?
- The OAR put together a plan specifically to meet the needs of Radiologists.
The Ontario Association of Radiologists’ (OAR) insurance program started in 1999 with a mandate of providing Ontario Radiologists with value added insurance services with products and discounts and services not available in the insurance marketplace. Prior to the OAR insurance program there was no discount on insurance for radiologists, no non-medical offerings and no special offer for residents or fellows.The OAR insurance program offers Radiologists disability, critical illness, life and long term care coverage. Policies through the OAR are underwritten with preferred underwriting and discounts not available in the marketplace. Policies are individually owned (not group insurance) with iron clad guarantees on rates, policy provisions and definitions.
- The OAR is a leader in providing value to members with an insurance program that has accomplished the following:
- First to offer no-medical disability insurance.
- First to offer a 25% discount on disability insurance.
- First to offer a 10% discount on critical illness insurance.
- First to offer residents and fellows disability coverage with no medical and a 25% discount.
- Prior to the OAR insurance program there was no discount on insurance for Radiologists, no non-medical offerings and no special offer for residents or fellows.
- Tragic events happen.
As of 2018, there are over 700 Ontario Radiologists enrolled in the OAR insurance program and we have adjudicated over $4,500,000 in disability and critical illness claims.
- The OAR insurance program has influence.
In 2017, there were 5 premature death claims. One claim involved a young Radiologist who cancelled his policy and died two weeks later. The claim was brought to the attention of the insurer by our office, and while not obligated to pay, the insurer paid the claim because the client had an OAR insurance policy.
If you have questions call us at 416-222-1311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org